Answering customer service calls is an essential part of every business. It’s very likely that at some point in a transaction, a customer is unhappy with the outcome or a mistake is made. A good customer service interaction can be the difference between that customer returning again in the future or imparting a scathing review online. As a result, it is important to employ strong customer service strategies when handling any customer service call. Here are the best tips for answering customer service calls.
Steps to Answering a Customer Service Phone Calls
Every customer service call is different and requires a deep understanding of the company, the services it provides, and the high standards expected for those services. However, there are a few simple rules that, if applied, improve the customer’s overall experience while making a call.
- Make sure that the phone call is actually answered and answered quickly. There is no worse first impression than having to leave a voicemail with a customer service complaint or waiting for a significant period of time while the phone rings and rings and rings. A good rule of thumb is to make sure that all customer calls are answered by the third ring.
- Start and end each call with a positive attitude. Make sure you answer the phone in a polite and friendly manner. Maintain that tone throughout the entire conversation, even if the customer is rude or aggressive. This reassures the customer that you are there to help them resolve their concerns.
- Give the phone call your full attention. If possible, it’s helpful to turn away from your computer or coworkers so that you have eliminated distractions. This ensures that you hear every word that the customer is saying and have a full and complete understanding of their complaint. This better equips you to address those issues.
- Speak clearly, concisely, and most importantly, professionally. Avoid using slang or complicated terminology. If you are a fast talker, it’s essential that you slow down enough so that your customer can hear you.
- Follow protocol for customer service call responses and escalation as set by your company. Make suggestions for improving this protocol if necessary.
What Makes a Good Answer for the Customer Service Experience?
The best way to enhance the customer service experience is best divided into three general concepts: (1) listen to the customer’s concerns, (2) own the problem or mistake, and (3) come up with creative solutions that aim to set things right.
It’s important to truly listen to your customers to gain an understanding of where their issues or concerns actually lie. Are they upset about one larger mistake, or have they had to deal with several smaller problems? Do they have a solution in mind or are they looking for guidance from the company? Once you understand the problem, it’s important to acknowledge that issue and own it, even if the issue stemmed from things out of your control. Finally, finding a solution to improve your customer’s experience is essential. Offering something to improve their experience shows your customer that you care about their business and work hard to provide the best services possible.
What is a Professional Answering Service?
A professional answering service takes on the task of handling all of your customer service calls. They work with each company to gain an understanding of the business and its services and then create a workable script that helps operators navigate each customer service call. A call answering service ensures that every call is promptly answered and that each problem is addressed in a courteous and professional manner. Call answering services allow business owners and employees to stay focused on other aspects of running the company while knowing that their customers’ concerns and questions are being addressed.
How to Choose an Answering Service
The most important question to ask yourself when picking a live answering service is whether the service truly cares and ensures high-quality services for their clients. Read reviews from other customers, and make sure that the service employs professional standards and utilizes a comprehensive and effective system for handling customer calls. A call answering service should want to be engaged in your business and have the drive to understand the ins and outs of not only the services you provide but of the company’s overall mission. You may also want to keep an eye out for an answering service that has many years of experience and service clients in that same or similar industry as your company. You should ultimately feel comfortable and confident with the answering service taking on those customer calls.
Why choose Anserve Inc as your Customer Service Answering Service
At Anserve, we offer our partners years of experience fielding customer service calls in a number of professions and industries. We are dedicated to not only learning about your company’s goals and passion but also projecting those missions into each customer service call we handle. Find out if we can help you!